Being in possession of a perfectly toned figure is a dream of every girl. And why not? After all, a well-shaped physique doesn’t only make you attractive, it reflects your inner confidence on your body language as well. Sticking to a bland diet won’t be of much help, you need to team it up with adequate exercise so as to attain your fitness goal. This article features some of the most prolific lightweight exercises exclusively for women, with the help of easy to grip dumbbells. These workouts will help you to focus on the most important muscle groups in your body.
If you think exercising with dumbbells is just a guy thing, allow me to burst this myth. Working out with dumbbells is equally fruitful for women as well. You can achieve subtly chiseled, slim arms as well some real good strength with the help of these simple, effective arms exercises with dumbbells.
- Sit on a mat cross-legged and lift up your arms. Extend them at right angles to your body, keep the elbows bent at 90o and palms facing forward with dumbbells tightly gripped in your hands. Lower your shoulders and bring both elbows towards each other as close as possible. The level of your arms should be perpendicular to your shoulder. Hold on to this posture, do 10 counts and repeat for three sets.
- Your prop for this exercise would be a pair of 3-5 pounds dumbbells. Take a dumbbell in each hand and kneel on a mat. Lean forward at the waist with your palms facing your torso. For the starting position, form a 90o angle between your upper and forearm. Hold your weight by pointing your forearm towards the floor. The upper arms should be extended backward. Keep your head up all the while. Hold this position for a few seconds. Repeat the movement for 10 reps.
Back and chest exercises
- You need a pair of 2-3 lbs. dumbbells for this exercise. Put them securely on the top a flat bench. Lie down perpendicular to the bench with your face up. Make sure hips legs are bent on the floor firmly. Grab the dumbbell with both hands and make your palms press against the end of the dumbbell. Keep your arms straight and slowly lower the dumbbell toward the floor behind the head as long as you feel a stretch in your chest. Bring the dumbbell back to the starting position for one repetition. Check your dumbbells thoroughly before using them for the pullover. If the plates are not tightened enough, they might fall on your face and injure you terribly.
- Lean on the mat grabbing a dumbbell in each hand. You can keep your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Hold the dumbbells at your chest height making your elbows roughly touching the floor. Push the dumbbells securely off the floor and pull over the head. Bring the dumbbells back to the starting position to complete one rep.
- You shouldn’t use a heavy dumbbell for leg exercises.it is because while holding bulky weights in your hands, there will be an additional strain on the legs. Perform squats with 4-5 lbs. dumbbells in your hands. Bend your elbows, position the dumbbells at the shoulder height and continue doing squats in way for a couple of times for each leg.
- For toning your inner and outer thigh muscles, hold the dumbbells in each side. To raise the calf, raise 2 feet with your right foot and 2 feet to your left with your left foot to complete the squat.
Summing it up
Dumbbells aren’t unique to a man’s workout program, and this article should be able to confirm that for you. There are numerous effective lightweight dumbbell workouts that women of most ages can perform. Each of them targets a different portion of the body, thus reaffirming the belief that a pair of dumbbells are really all that you need to get your body in shape.